CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 29, 2008


I was rocking Colton this morning; as I do every morning when I am trying to get him down for a nap, I was singing to him, the norm – Jesus Love Me, Amazing Grace, Rock a Bye Baby, etc… and then Away in the Manger came to my mind. Once I began not so gracefully singing that little precious tune that we have mostly come to know as a “Christmas Song” … I became overwhelmed with emotion. I wondered to myself, “What did Mary sing to Jesus as she rocked him or held him as a newborn. Did she sing of the “stars in the sky” or the animals of the pastures. How did Mary, the mother of Jesus, comfort the GREAT COMFORTER?” As a new mother I am convinced that my son is destined to be something great, something wonderful, an asset to the world around him; I couldn’t imagine that any new mother would think any less of her son… so I wonder, “What did Mary think of Jesus?” Do we honestly believe that she had no clue that her son was going to be the greatest man to walk the earth? I have wondered these things before, but having Colton in my arms puts a whole new meaning to; “For God so loved that world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believed in him should not perish, but have EVELASTING LIFE”.

I echo the words of the great hymn “Because He Lives”

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

No comments: